Hit ‘refresh’ in the office – it’s time for a Spring clean
Spring has finally sprung and isn’t it about time after what seems like a very long winter! So now that the sun is once again gracing our skies and our moods are lifting with the spring flowers, it’s that time to have an office spring clean and get sorted for the brighter days ahead.
Leave the big clean up to your office cleaning professionals whilst you focus on cleaning around your computer, organising your desk and replenishing supplies. Here are some office Spring cleaning tips for your own personal workspace:
- Start with your desktop – not your physical desk but your computer screen. Delete unused and unnecessary files and sort the ones of value into well labelled folders.
- Do the same with your inbox – yes, we realise this is a task that is never ending but creating and using files in your inbox is a great way to determine how to action your email – respond, flag, follow-up, file, delete.
- Once your paperless mail is organised target your filing cabinet – whether it’s a small box of papers or a full cabinet you are bound to be harbouring a host of unnecessary paperwork in there. If you haven’t already, then organise the remaining papers into files with colour-coding or simply well labelled. Shred the rest for recycling!
- Now it’s time to assess the papers strewn across your desk! – There should be a home for everything that appears on your desk so file it or shred it. Perhaps you use ring binders or a file tidy – ensure you utilise them.
- Once you can actually see your desk then it’s worth checking that you have everything you need in the way of supplies. A office Spring clean is a great time to stock up on the stationery you require, pens, staples, hole punch. Make sure you throw out all the pens that have outlived their usefulness!
- Create an inspiring environment – you will no doubt feel more motivated to work in your cleaner and organised environment but it’s also important to personalise the space around you. Photos that are precious to you, inspirational scenes and quotes, a current calendar are all things which will help give you perspective in the work place and an increased sense of wellbeing.
- Now step away from your desk and head to the kitchen – seek out any remnants of your lunches, old condiments and drinks and dispose of them from the fridge. I’m sure you’re not the only perpetrator of fridge misuse but it’s good to know that at least you’re contributing to maintaining it!
Keeping your personal workspace de-cluttered and tidy will help reduce your stress levels in the office and improve your ability for clear thinking and more productive working. Naturally, leave the big cleaning jobs to your professional cleaning service and be sure to regularly feedback on areas or tasks that need attention to play your part in helping to maintain the office as a whole.
For more information on our office cleaning services please contact us for a no obligation free quotation on firstname.lastname@example.org.