August 8, 2014
This blog post is full of tips on how you can reduce, reuse and recycle in your office.
Preventing waste increases efficiency, and increasing efficiency increases profit!
When it comes to reducing waste, small steps do make a big difference.
1) Change all computer settings to energy saving mode, and make sure any equipment is turned off when not in use.
2) Make it a company policy to distribute memos via email, instead of paper.
3) Don’t print employee handbooks. Instead, allow employees to access them as a PDF format.
4) Reduce paper towel waste by providing hand driers in washrooms.
5) Start a car-sharing scheme. Many people may be interested in car sharing but don’t have the courage to ask around. Starting a scheme will help your staff get connected!
6) Encourage staff to walk or bike to work, reducing emissions. Ensure you provide secure bike parking and private changing areas.
7) Cut your consumption in half by setting your printer and photocopiers to print on both sides. Additionally, reduce colour printing because this generally uses more ink.
1) Save any boxes from deliveries you receive and reuse them when sending shipments out or for storage purposes.
2) Reuse envelopes for sending internal mail.
3) Look for and purchase green products such as pens that can be refilled rather than sent to landfill.
1) 70% of office waste is made up of paper, therefore, a big must is to encourage paper recycling,
2) Mobile phones, laptops, computers, printers and other waste can be recycled. Look out for recycling programmes in your local area.
3) Buy and use recycled paper.
There are 100’s of things you can do to make your office more environmentally friendly.
Initially suggesting a large list of recycling to do’s may seem overwhelming, but start with a few things and build them up!
TIP: Remove individual under desk bins. This will remove the temptation to easily bin items, instead of recycling them.
This advice post is from the people at Cleantec Innovation – a company fast becoming renowned in the commercial and retail cleaning market.
Cleantec Innovation prides itself on producing high-performance cleaning products. Cleantec Innovation provides solutions that are innovative and ecological.
EXTRA TIP: Don’t forget to discuss cleaning supplies with your maintenance team. Cleaning products manufactured to be more environmentally responsible like Cleantec Innovation, have a reduced impact on the environment.